Coffee Shop Manager
Stockbridge, Hants SO20 6HF
Full-time – 40 hrs a week Tuesday to Saturday.
We have a great reputation for serving up fantastic coffee with great customer service in both of our coffee shops and we want our workplace to be just the same, with staff who enjoy the job they do.
Who we’re looking for
We have regular customers along with new people finding us through recommendations from others all the time. Our customers tell us that one of the big reasons they return so often is due to the atmosphere, friendly welcome and attentiveness they receive from the team, so the candidate must be a happy and friendly team member, with customer service at their heart.
You will take pride in your work and will understand that a trip to the coffee shop isn’t just about finding a great cup of coffee, or slice of cake, it’s about the whole experience. Customers should walk away having enjoyed every aspect of the visit, wanting to return again, and this should stem from you and your team.
Full Job Description
We need someone who has experience managing in the hospitality industry, who has an understanding of P&L, experience working to targets and has excellent people management skills. Most important however is your attitude – you will know how important your team is to you in helping hit your targets, so you will lead by example, inspire and coach them to help them become the best they can be in their own roles.
- Management of the customer experience, ensuring consistent “customer eyes” viewing from all staff
- Open-minded attitude towards new ideas and innovation and the implementation of these within the business
- Management and development of all staff to ensure harmony and excellent service delivery, including effective under-performance management where necessary
- Rigorous adherence and control of the financial targets and measurement devices
- Development and coaching of staff to help retention and job satisfaction
- Development and implementation of systems to ensure exceptional food quality standards
- Development/implementation of systems to ensure coffee and all other drink standards
- Development/implementation of systems ensure customer service standards – both behind counter and at tables
- Creation and implementation of systems to help deliver the overall standards expected
Health and Safety training and implementation
Complete rota management ensuring target hours and percentage ratios are not exceeded and correctly trained staff are in position at all times
Assistance with recruitment process and systems development in this area
Assistance with induction and training process and ongoing development of same
Management and control of all stock, cleaning products, and other sundries to ensure smooth running of business
Management and reporting of the profit and loss process, working within GM% and operational targets
Working hours: 8 hours a day Tuesday to Saturday (shifts on these days to cover either open or close)
£25,000 – £29,000.00 per year, depending on experience
If you’re interested in joining a small, but growing company who are eager to have people who want to grow with us, then drop us a copy of your CV and a little about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference STM0623
Closing date 16th June 2023
Thanks, and good luck!